Digital Technologies in the Technology Curriculum
In both The New Zealand Curriculum and the Riverview School Curriculum, digital technologies are recognised as a part of the Technology learning area. Digital technologies are about teaching ākonga/learners how technology works, and how they can use that knowledge to solve problems. Learning in digital technologies links to learning across all learning areas. At Riverview School, we want to be proactive in catering for our ākonga/learners.
- Experience using digital technologies in their learning
- Develop an understanding of computer science principles that underlie all digital technologies, learning core programming concepts (computational thinking)
- Design and develop fit-for-purpose digital outcomes and solutions
- Learn how to design their own digital solutions and become creators of, not just users of, digital technologies
- Develop as digitally-capable thinkers
- Be equipped with the skills that they will need to succeed in a world of unprecedented change, such as: communication, teamwork, and ethical and safety awareness.